Friday, January 18, 2008

Quesadilla's Swanson Style

Our family loves Quesadillas. I have 2 recipes I use faithfully. One is for BBQ Chicken Quesadillas that I make on a gas grill and then this recipe that I make inside the house.

You can use any size or flavor tortilla you like. The smaller the tortilla the more filling you will have leftover. I use those huge tortillas...I think they are burrito size and they make them in the Jalapeno&Cheddar, Spinach and then also a Sundried Tomato. Those are our 3 faves.

Tortillas of your choosing
1 can drained and rinsed black beans
1 can refried beans
1 cup of thawed frozen corn
Shredded jalapeno jack cheese
Shredded cheddar
Romaine Lettuce
Light Sr. Cream
Salsa of your choosing

Put beans and corn in a mixing bowl and stir together. Schmear some of the bean/corn filling on half of the tortilla. Sprinkle on some cheese. You can butter or olive oil the outside of the tortilla but I usually don't. Fold the other half of the tortilla on top and grill on one side until golden brown and then flip. Grill other side until golden. Let cool for a minute and then slice into wedges with a pizza cutter. I then top off with shredded romaine lettuce, salsa and sour cream. Quick and delicious.

No comments: